Dr. Tara Konya
Dean for the School of Environmental Business and Sustainable Ventures
Dr. Konya comes to Unity College from Southern New Hampshire University where she most recently served as the Associate Dean of Academic Operations for the School of Business. Dr. Konya holds a Ph.D. in Business and Economics from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro’s Bryan School of Business and Economics. As Dean, Dr. Konya focuses on generating revenue through business ventures, academic programming in Sustainable Business and related disciplines, as well as the strategic and tactical direction of existing auxiliary work units. Her scope of authority includes the School of Sustainable Business, McKay Farm & Research Station, Sky Lodge, the Campus Store, Dining Services, External Events, and new ventures as assigned. The Dean develops strategy, implementation, and operational management procedures to enhance current revenue-generating work units and go-to-market strategy to prioritize and pursue new opportunities.
An executive position providing leadership and management, the Dean for the School of Environmental Business and Sustainable Ventures is responsible for generating revenue through business ventures, academic programming in Sustainable Business and related disciplines, as well as the strategic and tactical direction of existing auxiliary work units. The Dean’s scope of authority includes Dining Services, External Events, Campus Store, McKay Farm & Research Station, Sky Lodge, the School of Sustainable Business, and new ventures as assigned. The Dean develops strategy, implementation, and operational management procedures to enhance current revenue-generating work units and go-to-market strategy to prioritize and pursue new opportunities. The Dean oversees leadership, planning, coordination, and evaluation of all instructional and operational components of the School of Sustainable Business to meet enrollment and revenue goals as determined by the Enterprise.
- Develops and directs the management of auxiliary work units and implements improved processes and management methods to generate higher Return on Investment (ROI) and workflow optimization.
- Regularly interacts with senior leadership to ensure that the auxiliary business processes are aligned with the College’s vision and goals.
- Ensures auxiliary work units are managed to deliver products and services at competitive prices while managing costs.
- Ensures that the fiscal, social, and environmental sustainability of revenue-generating operations is leveraged as a differentiating feature to reach new markets and attract customers.
- Evaluates operational issues to determine how competitive and current they are with the latest trends in the industry.
- Monitors external and internal environment for the development of new market segments.
- Produces feasibility studies/business plans for new market development.
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and presents suggestions to the President for consideration.
- Recommends initiatives to optimize revenue-generating opportunities across all College-owned locations.
- Aligns Sustainable Ventures planning and initiatives with Enterprise priorities.
- Receives directives from the Enterprise and achieves goals.
- Create Sustainable Ventures-specific goals that align with Enterprise strategy and missions.
- Responsible for a scalable growth model to ensure continued enrollment and revenue growth including alternative revenue streams.
- Ensure all degree programs, non-degree courses (signature courses), and micro-credentials are key components of the School of Sustainable Business scalability.
- Responsible for the administration and integrity of program curriculum and operation while advancing Unity College’s Strategic Plan and priorities.
- Meets enrollment, revenue, quality, pace, student satisfaction, and margin goals. Works with professional staff in creating and maintaining student recruitment and retention processes.
- Maintains a program of assessment to measure achievement of student learning and institutional outcomes while developing and enacting plans for adjustment as indicated by results.
- Maintains a robust and effective advising process in conjunction with academic and student success staff. Receives and adjudicates student concerns as part of the academic complaint process. Resolves student issues satisfactorily.
- Collaborates with other school officials to maintain College accreditation.
- Collaborates with and utilizes resources of Senior Staff team to promote courses and programs at college and job fairs, trade shows, and participation in community groups as well as speaking to groups and organizations.
- Supports revenue generation at the Enterprise level.
- Ensures achievement of student/client outcomes.
- Meets revenue, margin, and cost-containment goals.
- Supports other Sustainable Education Business Units (SEBUs) and increases capacity as coordinated by the Enterprise through joint opportunities, cost-sharing, etc.
- Ensures that sustainable practices are systematically operationalized in all revenue-generating activities.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures with leadership.