Will my credits transfer?

In most cases, yes.  As long as the school is regionally accredited, we can consider your credits for transfer.  Liberal arts/general education courses are most likely to transfer. Technical and remedial classes are unlikely to transfer, unless they are directly applicable to your chosen program at Unity. Login to Transferology to see how your courses will transfer, and contact us with any questions.

How many credits can I transfer?

We accept a maximum of 90 credits on transfer, up to 40 of which may be open electives (not fulfilling either a general education or program requirement). Login to Transferology to see how your courses will transfer, and contact us with any questions.

How can I find out which of my credits will transfer?

Login to Transferology to see how your courses will transfer, and contact us with any questions. Or contact Admissions and submit copies of all transcripts. For an official evaluation, you must submit an admission application and official transcripts.

Do you accept test credits (i.e. AP, IB, CLEP, etc)?

Yes.  For most AP exams, a score of 3 or higher will be accepted for college credit (AP Biology requires a 4 or higher).  IB and CLEP exams are evaluated on a more individualized basis.

Do you accept military credits?

In certain cases, yes, if the credits are related to your intended program at Unity.  You will need to submit either a DD-214 or SMART transcript for evaluation.

How do I transfer my credits?

Submission of official transcripts with final grades is required to consider credits for transfer. Classes must be completed with a “C” or higher to be considered for transfer.

What GPA do I need in order to transfer?

We recommend that transfer students who apply have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5; we do conduct a comprehensive review, however, and will consider other factors in our review process

Is there a minimum number of credits I need to transfer?

Yes—we require a student to have earned at least 12 college credits to be considered a transfer student for admission purposes.

Are there any prerequisites I need to take before transferring?

No specific prerequisites are required prior to transfer, though we strongly encourage students to have completed college-level math and English courses prior to transferring.

Do I need to submit my high school transcripts?  SAT/ACT scores?

In most cases, no high school transcripts are required.  If, upon review, it is determined that we will need your high school transcript, the Transfer Counselor will request it.  We do not require SAT/ACT scores.

Do you have scholarships for transfer students?

YES! All accepted transfer students are eligible for scholarships. We offer two merit-based scholarships for transfer students.  Our Transfer Scholarship is valued at $10,000/year, for up to four years.  Our Transfer-Trustee Scholarship is valued at $12,000/year, for up to four years.  Students who do not qualify for these scholarships receive a Regular Transfer Scholarship of $4,000/year, for up to four years. Please see our Financial Aid page for eligibility criteria.

Scholarship timeline/notification?

All merit-based scholarships are determined at the point of admission. We will include a notification of your scholarship along with your acceptance letter.

How long will it take me to graduate?

That will depend on how many credits you are transferring in.  We will make every effort to assist you in graduating as quickly as possible.  You may request to speak/meet with Admissions to discuss this on an individualized basis.

Do I have to live on campus?

If you are over the age of 21, or have reached junior standing (60 credits), you are not required to live on campus.

Can I live off campus?

If you do not meet these criteria, but wish to live off campus, you must submit an appeal to the Dean of Students.

Do you provide assistance in finding off-campus housing?

Office of Student Services maintains a listing of off-campus rental properties that Unity students have used in the past. You can contact that office for additional details.

Can I have a vehicle?

Yes—simply register your vehicle with Public Safety once you arrive on campus. There is no charge for a parking sticker.

How do I register for classes?

The Registrar’s office will construct your first-semester schedule, based on your chosen program and transfer credits coming in. You will then be assigned an advisor at the beginning of the semester, who you can meet with to discuss the rest of your academic plan. Regular course registration occurs in November and April.

Do you have any articulation agreements with my school?

Maybe! We have a list of current college articulation agreements with specific programs here.

I am a former Unity student who left and am looking to return.  How do I go about this?

Please contact the Registrar’s office at 207-509-7219 to discuss this process.

What are your application deadlines?

For the fall semester, we strongly encourage applications to be submitted by April 15 but accept applications on a case by case basis after that date. For the spring semester, we must have your application submitted by December 1.

What is FAFSA? What is your school code?

FAFSA stands for “Free Application for Federal Student Aid.” It is strongly recommended that you submit a FAFSA to determine your eligibility for federal financial assistance.  Our school code is 006858.  You can access more information at https://studentaid.gov/.