The Unity College Honors Program offers an engaging challenge for academically talented and motivated students in all academic disciplines.
The Honors Program takes an integrated approach, valuing permeable boundaries between learning environments and disciplines. Through a variety of curricular and co-curricular components, Honors students will be encouraged to reach their potential as independent thinkers and creative problem solvers. The Honors Program at Unity College is focused on undergraduate research, leadership training and honors seminars.
The Honors Program values an integrated approach to learning. We encourage our students to reach their full potential as independent thinkers and creative problem solvers. View some of our students interacting with current issues:
Entry Requirements for Incoming Students
Students with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50 are able to apply for the Honors Program after their second semester at Unity College. Students who have transferred into Unity College with 30 or more credits and maintained a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.50 at their previous institution may apply to the Honors Program after completing one semester at Unity College with a GPA of at least a 3.50.
To fulfill the Honors Program requirements, students must complete:
- Two Honors Seminars (UC 3001) with a final grade of A or B. A different seminar is offered every spring semester.
- Six credits of thesis including Senior Thesis I & II (UC 4003 & UC 4013), Creative Thesis (UC 4023), or Applied Thesis (4033) with a transdisciplinary component with a final grade of A or B.
- Designated components of the Unity College Co-curricular Leadership Program
Benefits of the Honors Program
- Enjoy the support of a second advisor with the Director of the Honors Program.
- Early registration privileges.
- Participate in leadership programs, informal gatherings with faculty, undergraduate research and specialized co-curricular events.
Details about the requirements and process of admission to the Honors Program as well as the necessary forms can be found in the Unity College Honors Program Handbook.