Having just moved into its new home at Pineland Farms in New Gloucester, Maine, Unity College’s Distance Education team is looking to fill a dozen new positions to help continue to best meet student needs. And those needs are growing rapidly.
Each year since Unity College launched its Distance Education program in 2016, enrollment has doubled, and Distance Education continues to regularly add new online degrees based on feedback from students and employers.
“Without question, Distance Education has exceeded even our loftiest expectations,” said Unity College President Dr. Melik Peter Khoury. “Through Distance Education, we’ve been able to bring America’s Environmental College to learners all over the country, to those who previously didn’t have access to an education based in sustainability science. Thanks to Distance Education, we are truly living our mission, offering our education and opening up our mission to more audiences than ever before, and our Distance Education staff has been critical to that success.”
The careers that are currently open include:
- Salesforce Support Specialist, who will be instrumental in supporting the accelerated growth of Unity College Distance Education through Salesforce maintenance, integrity, marketing, and connections with other software. This person will be the “architect” for creating communications and connections in Salesforce for all of the departments and student services.
- Director of Enrollment Services, who will be an enrollment data and operations expert. They will oversee operations and work to ensure efficient processing of all enrollment data, analysis of data, and integrity of data for decision making.
- Director of AR/VR Research and Development, who will work broadly to support the introduction of creative technologies across Unity College Distance Education marketing and educational offerings. This position will be responsible for creative experimentation in the scoping and implementation of projects involving AR/VR.
- Director of Partnership Development [Non-Degree Business to Business Development], who will be directly responsible for generating new business revenue for Distance Education through the development of collaborations with local, regional, and national businesses in non-degree courses, workforce training, certifications, certificates, and micro-credentials.
- Regional Director of Southeast Operations and the Regional Director of Southwest Operations, who will have the entrepreneurial mindset to lead the development of community college, military, corporate, and non-profit partnerships for Unity College Distance Education in their respective regions of the United States. These positions will be responsible for recruiting students, creating workforce development opportunities, and regional partnerships to expand the environmental mission of the College.
- Instructional Designers who will assist faculty and staff with the design, development, implementation and management of online, hybrid and in-person courses offered through unity College Distance Education. These positions work with a broad and growing array of technology tools and have a deep understanding of learning processes in order to serve as an architect, project manager, partner, mechanic, translator, and guide for all aspects of instructional design.
- Distance Education Recruiters who are focused on recruiting students interested in online programs. Responsible for all aspects of the admissions recruitment cycle including some travel to recruitment fairs and conferences, communicating with prospective students and business partners to aid in recruitment. Maintains accurate records and works proactively with all stages of student recruitment from prospect identification through matriculation.
- Distance Education Advisors will oversee retention, registration, and advising for graduate students in the Distance Education Sustainable Educational Business Unity.
“With our move to Pineland Farms in New Gloucester, Distance Education is now a half-hour outside of Portland, which opens up access for us to host more immersive class experiences, bring in speakers or educators, and quick access to one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the country,” said Dr. Amy Arnett, Vice President of Unity College’s Distance Education. “In this location, we are expecting to continue to grow and innovate, and I think there are a lot of candidates from southern Maine, New Hampshire, and Greater Boston who are going to be interested in these opportunities.”
For more information on the open positions, visit unity.interviewexchange.com.