Technical Institute for Environmental Professions
Accelerate Your Future
with Career-Focused Education
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions, located on the Pineland Farms campus of Unity College in New Gloucester, Maine will deliver a highly flexible (HyFlex) education leveraging our new campus. The institute is designed to provide an accessible and affordable option to upskill, retrain, or start a brand-new career. Our programs provide preparation for high demand industries from aquaculture, to data analytics, to veterinary technology, and more.
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions is:
- Innovative: Combining HyFlex classroom technology and the principles of Competency-based Education to deliver a new type of educational experience
- Affordable: Transparent per credit pricing, financial aid, and NO extra fees
- Quality: All program curriculum is developed with workforce leaders to ensure outcomes align with industry needs and demand
- Flexible: Eight terms a year, learning where you are, and when it works for you!
- Focused: Career Coaches assess your goals, ensure you are on a plan to exceed them, and support you all along the way
All programs are built on the principles of competency-based Education (CBE) and Competency-Based curriculum design allowing the institute to respond quickly to an ever-changing workforce. Using a collaborative approach in both competency and curriculum development, we are partnering with employers and industries so that we can quickly address evolving industry needs and customize the curriculum for accelerated delivery. In addition, this approach allows us to identify employment opportunities for leaners while also ensuring that you are career ready upon graduation. Learners can be confident knowing there is a career waiting for them upon completion.
Technology is the cornerstone to a learner-focused college experience and serves to remove barriers and promote learner success. By deploying the best tech tools, we are building an institute that allows faculty and staff to identify risk and intervene early to support learners. All classrooms and labs are outfitted with cameras, speakers, microphones, and big screens, gathering learners here on campus and around the world to join, in real-time.