Start your journey to a better future.
Thank you for your interest in Unity College Distance Education. We can’t wait to work with you, wherever you may be. As a Unity student, you will receive a top-notch education while making a difference in your home community. Keep reading to learn how you can become a Unity student.
Undergraduate admission requirements
If you are seeking an undergraduate degree, all we need is an application. You will verify that you have completed high school or equivalent and be automatically admitted to the program of your choice.
If you have attended college previously and wish to have your courses reviewed for transfer, you can submit unofficial transcripts to docdrop.unity.edu.
Official college transcripts will be required in order to formally accept prior coursework for transfer. We accept electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Unity College Distance Education 90 Quaker Hill Rd. Unity, ME 04988
Graduate admission requirements
If you are seeking an online graduate degree or certificate, you must submit:
- An unofficial transcript showing completion of your bachelor’s degree. If accepted, you will need to submit official college transcripts.
- Note: a minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Your current resume or C.V.
- A personal essay (500 words minimum) answering the following:
- Why are you interested in pursuing a degree at Unity College and how does this program align with your career goals?
- How do your previous experiences and background prepare you for this degree?
NOT required: GRE scores are not required for admission.
There are specific prerequisites for the Master’s in Wildlife Conservation & Management: Professional Wildlife Biologist track. Those two courses are:
- Wildlife Biology/Natural Resource Management/Ecology course
There are specific prerequisites for the Master’s in Environmental Science. Those two courses are:
- Earth or Soil Science course
There are specific prerequisites for the Master’s in Marine Science. Those two courses are:
- Marine Biology, Biology or Ecology course
Don’t have a background in the sciences? You can be conditionally accepted pending completion of additional undergraduate coursework. A maximum of nine credits of graduate-level coursework aligned with your master’s program may be transferred if a grade of “B” or better was achieved.
Non-degree seeking students
You may take courses at Unity without earning a degree. Courses may be limited based on space, pre-requisites, and total credits allowed. To take Unity classes as a non-degree student, fill out an application.