Student Right to Know Act
and default rates
Graduation and Completion Rates
Unity College is pleased to provide the following information regarding our institution’s graduation/completion rates. The information is provided in compliance with the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended. The rates reflect the graduation/completion status of students who enrolled during the fall of 2014 and for whom 150% of the normal time-to-completion has elapsed.
During the fall semester of 2014, 187 first-time, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduates entered Unity College. After 6 years (as of August 31, 2020), 47% of these students had graduated from our institution.
- Four-Year Graduation Rate: 43%
- Six-Year Graduation Rate: 47%
Federal reporting does not include students who transfer into Unity College from other colleges and universities as part of their completion/graduation rates.
Questions related to this report should be directed to the Unity College Registrar, or the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. While reviewing this information, please bear in mind:
- The graduation/completion rate is based on 6 years of attendance that equates to 150% of our longest program.
- We have elected not to report our transfer-out rate because our college’s mission does not include providing substantial preparation for students to enroll in other institutions.
- The graduation/completion rate does not include students who left the school to serve in the armed forces, on official church missions, or in the foreign service of the federal government.
A cohort default rate is the percentage of a school’s borrowers who enter repayment on federal student loans during a particular fiscal year, Oct 1 to Sept. 30, and default within the cohort default period. The Department of Education calculated the school’s cohort default rate by dividing the number of borrowers from the school entering repayment in a cohort year and default within a 3-year period divided by the number of borrowers from the school entering repayment in the cohort year.
Unity College Cohort Default Rate
|FY 2017||6.8 %|
|FY 2016||5.9 %|
|FY 2015||4.5 %|
National Average Cohort Default Rate
|FY 2017||9.7 %|
Last Updated on June 11, 2021